... spend a little time with me after Election Day?
With the most expensive election in history behind us, the outsized footprint of dark money remains on our political landscape. While "spending by outside groups reached new heights, the amount the public knows about the sources of that money reached new lows," opined Ellen Miller, Executive Director of Sunlight Foundation. And the dark money spigot is not expected to turn off anytime soon. Join Ellen and a distinguished panel of experts on Friday, Nov. 16 at 9:30am, to assess the political implications of dark money in the 2012 election as well as its influence post Election Day. The event will kickoff with a presentation by former FCC Commissioner Michael Copps, followed by a panel including:
- Craig Aaron, President and CEO, Free Press
- Ellen Miller, Executive Director, Sunlight Foundation
- Jason Reifler, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Political Science, Georgia State University
- Matea Gold, Reporter, Los Angeles Times
- moderated by Mark Lloyd, Director of the Media Policy Initiative at the New America Foundation