For press inquiries, please contact Liz Bartolomeo at email@example.com.
- 9/7/10 - Fast Company
- 9/8/10 - Good
- 9/8/10 - Federal News Radio
- 9/8/10 - Federal Computer Week
- 9/13/10 - Tacoma News Tribune editorial
- 3/10/11 - Washington Post
- 3/11/11 - Politico
- 4/8/11 - Roanoke Times editorial
- 6/14/11 - The Hill
- 9/7/11 - National Journal
- 9/19/11 - Federal Times
- 9/20/11 - Information Week
- 9/21/11 - The Daily Caller
- 3/11/11 - Ellen Miller's Testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on Technology (Written Testimony | Video)
- 6/14/11 - Ellen Miller's Testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee (Written Testimony | Video)
Clearspending Debut at Gov 2.0 Summit
How does the federal government report its spending?
The flow of federal spending reporting can get complicated. We've tried to simplify it for you with a step-by-step visualization.
How did we conduct our analysis and what assumptions did we make? What limitations exist with the comparison data we're using? We measured the data across three categories:
- Consistency: A comparison of CFDA obligations and USASpending.gov obligations.
- Completeness: A measure of how many required fields are completed.
- Timeliness: A measure of how quickly obligations were reported.
See our methodology for more information.