Policy Fellow Matt Rumsey wrote this post.
Check out Tuesday's take on transparency-related news items, congressional committee hearings, transparency-related bills introduced in Congress, and transparency-related events.
- The American Council for Technology-Industry Advisory Council announced its Excellence.gov awards last week. Awards were given to programs that utilized IT to improve services, enhance operations, and promote an open and transparent government. (Executive Gov)
- Senator Claire McCaskill (D-MO) affirmed her support of efforts to open up the Senate Armed Services Committee's markup of the US defense budget bill. McCaskill is a member of the committee. (POGO)
- The Supreme Court posted transcripts and audio recordings of Monday's health care arguments shortly after they had wrapped up. (Politico)
- Southeast Asia has its own Digital Library that puts materials published in the region online to provide educators and students with easy access. It includes books, manuscripts, multimedia materials and searchable indexes of additional resources. (Global Voices)
- The Spanish government released a draft of their "Law on Transparency, Access to Public Information, and Good Governance." Unfortunately, it appears that major changes are needed to bring it into line with international standards. (Access-Info)
- MySociety.org, a UK group that builds civic, democracy, and open government websites, is boosting its efforts to help people across the world build websites based on its model. (Tech President)
- Budget Hearing: U.S. House of Representatives. Appropriations. 10:00 am. HT-2 Capitol. Subcommittee on the Legislative Branch.
- Budget Hearing: General Services Administration. Appropriations. 10:00 am. 2362A RHOB. Subcommittee on Financial Services and General Government.
- Markup: H.R. 3862, Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act of 2012 and others. Judiciary. 10:00 am. 2141 RHOB. Full Committee.
- Blueprint for Accountability: The Wall Street Washington Connection. Georgetown. 7:00 pm. Webcast.