1) CQ looks at how getting a seat on the House Ways & Means Committee increases campaign contributions for new members.
2) When asked why non-existent congressional districts appear on Recovery.gov communications director Ed Pound says, “who knows, man, who really knows. There are 130,000 reports out there.”
3) Following in the tradition of Presidents before him Barack Obama rewards big donors with plum ambassadorships.
4) Michael Stern questions the Washington Post’s decision not to fully publish the leaked House Ethics Committee report.
5) Soren Dayton has a contrarian (most people are simply questioning the veracity of the data) and quite interesting take on the many errors on Recovery.gov.