Sunlight Live covers gas price hearing
Tomorrow, when the Committee on Natural Resources will hold a full committee hearing on gas prices and U.S. jobs, the Sunlight Foundation will spin up another instance of its data and live-blogging Sunlight Live platform to cover it live.
The hearing comes as gas prices approach $4 a gallon and amidst increasing pressure for more domestic oil drilling. Meanwhile, there is renewed attention to nuclear energy, thanks to the recent disaster in Japan.
Witnesses for the hearing include:
- Richard G. Newell; Administrator, U.S. Energy Information Administration
- Brenda Pierce; Energy Resources Program Coordinator, U.S. Geological Survey
- Gene Whitney; Manager, Energy Research, Congressional Research Service
- Michelle Michot Foss; Chief Energy Economist, University of Texas
- Guy Caruso; Senior Adviser, Energy and National Security, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- Frank Rusco; Director, Natural Resources and Environment, Government Accountability Office
Tune in Thursday at 10 a.m. for our live coverage at sunlightlive.com.