- Coming in 2020, electronic records management: A new memorandum from the OMB and NARA aims to make federal agencies manage their records in electronic formats and designate high-ranking officials to oversee records management programs by the end of the decade. (Fed Scoop)
- Influence waning? Ogilvy Government Relations, a major lobbying firm, is traveling some rough seas. They have lost several prominent lobbyists and a number of high paying clients since earlier this summer. (The Hill)
- $4 million man: Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) attended 47 events in 23 days in August on his way to raising around $4 million for Republican congressional candidates. (Politico)
- Less corporate convention cash… Major corporations, including GM and Citigroup, are spending less money to spread influence at this years political conventions. Observers are blaming the still sluggish economy and continuing anti-corporate sentiment. (Roll Call $)
- …doesn’t mean no corporate convention cash: Numerous groups, including railway giant CSX, outside spending juggernauts, and groups from a myriad of industries, will make their presence felt at the Republican National Convention this week. (New York Times)
- Hollywood abroad for Obama: George Clooney is the main attraction for potential Obama donors at a fundraiser for Americans abroad being held in Geneva, Switzerland on Monday. (Politico)
RELEVANT BILLS INTRODUCED:
HAPPENING THIS WEEK 8/27-8/31:
- Drupal4Gov and Implementing the Digital Strategy. OPM. Wed. 8/29. 1:00 – 5:00 pm. The Office of Personnel Management, 1900 E Street NW, Sub-Basement Innovation Lab, Washington, DC 20052.
- A Guide To Implementing the Federal Digital Government Strategy. Government Executive. Wed. 8/29. 2:00 – 3:00 pm. Webcast.