Panel discussion: A 21st century Freedom of Information Act
To celebrate Sunshine Week and recent House passage of the FOIA Act, the Sunlight Foundation and the Advisory Committee on Transparency are hosting an event on the Future of FOIA. The panel discussion will assess efforts and ideas to bring the Freedom of Information Act into the future, ensuring that it continues to be an effective tool to shed light on the inner workings of government far into the 21st century.
The event will be held on Wednesday, March 19 from 2:00 – 3:30 p.m. in room 2203 of the Rayburn House Office Building. The panel of experts will include:
- Amy Bennett: Assistant Director, OpenTheGovernment.org
- Ali Ahmad: Majority Staff, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Corinna Zarek: Policy Adviser for Open Government, White House Office of Science and Technology Policy
- Krista Boyd: Minority Staff, House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform
- Ginger McCall, Moderator: Associate Director, Electronic Privacy Information Center
You can RSVP here. We hope that you can join us!