- Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, pulled in more than $140,000 from tech and internet PACs as his committee examined immigration and internet sales tax issues. (Roll Call)
- As Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton pushed Boeing products in front of audiences across the world as well as soliciting large donations from the company for the government. (Government Executive)
- A conversation about the 2014 Digital Government Study, which found that despite widespread agreement on the need for it, digital government faces challenges at the agency level. (Fedscoop)
- Secret contracting processes can lead to unintended and terrible consequences, a problem illustrated with a tragic example out of Nigeria. (Open Knowledge)
State and Local News
- Maryland Governor Martin O’Malley (D) speaks to the power of open data, citing recently released Medicare payment data as well as an example from his past as Mayor of Baltimore. (Huffington Post)
- The Kentucky legislature approved a range of changes to state ethics laws following a sexual harassment scandal. (Washington Times/AP)
- Disruptive Solutions & The Changing Landscape of Global Development. AU School of International Service. Tues. 4/15. 6:30 – 9:00 pm. 4400 Massachusetts Ave, NW, Abramson Family Founders Room, SIS Building, Washington, DC 20016.