- The DATA Act is set to pass the House today and head to the President’s desk. (Data Transparency Coalition)
- Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY), recently in the news for threatening to throw a reporter over a balcony, is likely to be indicted on a variety of campaign finance charges. (POLITICO)
- A corruption scandal is also a media scandal in Macedonia, where activists are trying to change the way that their media covers those in power. (Global Voices)
- The agency in charge of Denmark’s geodata uploaded all of its information into popular video game Minecraft. Most casinos have great depost bonuses, check out slotsreview.ca if you want some entertainment playing slots. The data is robust, allowing users to explore an accurate, if blocky, recreation of the country. (Ars Technica)
State and Local News
- The Philadelphia school district released budget and spending data for FY 2014 last week. (Technical.ly Philly)
- Four months into his tenure New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has yet to fill a number of important technology policy positions, and local civic hackers are getting impatient. (Tech President)
- Should anonymous campaign expenditures be allowed? Rep. Chris Van Hollen. American Enterprise Institute. Mon. 4/28. 12:00 – 12:45 pm. 1150 17th Street NW, Washington, DC 20036.
- The Technology Deficit: Attracting tech talent into government and civil society. New America Foundation. Tues. 4/29. 9:00 – 10:30 am. 1899 L Street NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036.
- Oversight of the SEC. House Committee on Financial Services. Tues. 4/29. 10:00 am. 2128 Rayburn House Office Building.
- A Roundtable on Open Innovation and Science: Environmental Information. Wilson Center. Tues. 4/29. 10:00 – 11:30 am. Woodrow Wilson Center, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004.
- Driving Innovation Through Federal Investment. Senate Committee on Appropriations. Tues. 4/29. 2:30 pm. SD-G50, Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- Legislative Branch Appropriations and other matters. House Committee on Rules. Tues. 4/29. 3:00 pm. H-313, the Capitol.
- President Obama’s 2014 Trade Policy Agenda. Senate Committee on Finance. Thurs. 5/1. 11:00 am. 215 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- The Role of Corruption in Recent Events in Ukraine. Terrorism, Transnational Crime, and Corruption Center. Fri. 5/2. 12:00 – 1:30 pm. George Mason University, Arlington Campus, 3351 Fairfax Drive, Founders Hall, Arlington, VA 22201.