- The Senate plans to move forward with a vote on a constitutional amendment that would roll back Citizens United, allowing states and Congress to better regulate campaign finance. (POLITICO)
- Tea Party Senators Ted Cruz (TX) and Mike Lee (UT) have formed a joint fundraising committee. Proceeds will be split between their respective fundraising committees. (National Journal)
- A new Android app, FreeWeibo, makes it easier for Chinese citizens to browse an uncensored version of the popular social networking platform Weibo. (Tech President)
- Britain is moving forward with its plan to create a public registry of company ownership in an attempt to identify shell organizations and better map company hierarchies. The registry should be extended to British territories including Jersey, the Cayman Islands, and the British Virgin Islands. (Transparency International)
State and Local News
- Thanks to mySociety, transcripts from the 2013 Philadelphia City Council are online in a searchable, easy to read format (Technical.ly Philly)
- A new Public Integrity Coalition in Indiana aims to fight public corruption by training public officials and drafting legislation. (Washington Times/AP)
- President Obama’s 2014 Trade Policy Agenda. Senate Committee on Finance. Thurs. 5/1. 11:00 am. 215 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- The Role of Corruption in Recent Events in Ukraine. Terrorism, Transnational Crime, and Corruption Center. Fri. 5/2. 12:00 – 1:30 pm. George Mason University, Arlington Campus, 3351 Fairfax Drive, Founders Hall, Arlington, VA 22201.