- A year after President Obama released his open data policy agencies still have some things to learn about well formatted machine readable data and usable APIs, but they’re getting there. (Next Gov)
- It didn’t take long after the FEC OK’d bitcoin donations to political campaigns for one politician to take the bait. Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO), known for his interest in technology issues, was preparing in advance and immediately launched bitcoin.polisforcongress.com. (Government Technology)
- A year after the open data executive order, and several months after a G7 deadline, the US is out with a new Open Data Action Plan. The plan details new data releases, a roadmap for 2014 and 2015, and more. (E Pluribus Unum)
- New Zealand is pushing ahead with a website redesign that will emphasize open data and improved access to information. (Future Gov)
- High Frequency and Automated Trading in the Futures Market. Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry. Tues. 5/13. 10:00 am. 328A Russell Senate Office Building.
- Improving Financial Management at the Department of Defense. Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Tues. 5/13. 10:30 am. SD-342 Dirksen Senate Office Building.