- David Jolly (R-FL), the newest member of Congress, didn’t waste much time maneuvering to raise as much money as possible. After 60 days in Congress, he set up a Federal PAC to go along with his regular campaign committee. (Roll Call)
- Two years ago a project launched with the aim of opening up EU procurement data. That goal has been fulfilled with the launch of OpenTed, which provides easy access to information in the Tenders Electronic Daily system. (Open Knowledge)
State and Local News
- There are no perfect systems for dealing with public records requests, but efforts are underway across the country to improve the process. One open source project out of Oakland, RecordTrac, tries to follow three best practices for open public records management. (OpenSource.com)
- Transparency and the Democratic Process in Trade Negotiations. American University Washington College of Law. Tues. 5/20. 12:00 – 2:00 (lunch provided). 4801 Massachusetts Ave NW, Room 402, Washington, DC.
- Smart Governance: How public policy can keep pace with technological developments. Center for Strategic and International Studies. Tues. 5/20. 3:00 – 6:00 pm. 1800 K Street NW, Washington, DC.
- Oversight of the Federal Communications Commission. House Committee on Energy and Commerce Subcommittee on Communications and Technology. Tues. 5/20. 10:30 am. 2123 Rayburn House Office Building.
- Legislative Proposals to Improve Transparency and Accountability at the CFPB. House Committee on Financial Services Subcommittee on Financial Institutions and Consumer Credit. Wed. 5/21. 2:00 pm. 2128 Rayburn House Office Building.