TransparencyCamp is exactly one week from today and we’re crazy excited to see you! Registration is now closed with 562 registrants but don’t worry, there will be on-site registration if you missed the deadline.
If you are coming to TCamp, below is everything you need to know to be a savvy TCamper. Seriously. Everything.
1. When is TCamp and what time should I get there?
- Friday and Saturday, May 30th – 31st
- Registration begins at 8:30am on Friday and 9:00am on Saturday.
- Conference starts at 9:30am on Friday and 10:00am on Saturday.
2. Where is TransparencyCamp?
Founder’s Hall George Mason University- Arlington Campus 3351 Fairfax Drive Arlington, VA 22201
3. Can you tell me more about the schedule?
- You bet! Each morning, we’ll start with some quick keynote or lightning talks. But the rest of the schedule will be set by you!
- Once we get going on Friday, you can submit sessions via your laptop or smartphone at tcamp.us/submit. We will have a few paper forms on hand, so don’t worry if you don’t have an internet-enabled device.
- To see the session schedule (once live), head to “The Wall” or check out our schedule page: http://transparencycamp.org/schedule
- You can also get the schedule via SMS on your phone. Text “?” to 202-817-CAMP (that is 202-817-2267) to get started.
4. Will there be food?
- Most definitely! We serve coffee, light breakfast and an awesome food truck lunch on both Friday and Saturday as part of TCamp. Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options will be available for lunch.
5. What should I bring?
- You do not need to print your ticket, just remember your name!
- A bottle of water and chargers for your electronics are good ideas.
- If you’re planning to use a projector during a presentation, please bring your own adaptor. Every room will have a projector, but we can’t promise we’ll have the right adaptors for your computer!
6. Should I tweet/write about TransparencyCamp?
YES! We encourage conversation on social media, especially on Twitter and Instagram, where we will be uber-present.
- We encourage you to take photos and tag them with #TCamp14!
- Follow our TCamp streams on Instagram and Flickr.
We also look forward to reading your blog posts about your experiences!
7. What should I wear?
- Anything that makes you feel comfortable! TCamp is a come-as-you-are environment. Most people dress casually!
8. Other activities before and during TCamp:
Thursday, May 29TH
- Sunlight Network’s Citizen Advocacy Day — Tell your Congress members to support transparency!
- 2014 Legislative Data and Transparency Conference — Not attending Citizen Advocacy Day? The Committee on House Administration is also hosting an all day conference for data users, transparency advocates and legislative staff on the use of Congressional data and efforts to increase transparency.
Friday, May 30TH
- Open Gov Sandbox– Dig into open gov projects at TCamp! The Sandbox is a place to connect with people who are interested in contributing to opengov projects with awesome projects that need help. People of all skill sets are welcome! The Sandbox is open from 1:30- 3:30pm.
- Sunlight’s Transparency Happy Hour — After a long first day of TCamp, unwind with your fellow campers at Clarendon Grill, 1101 N Highland St, Arlington, VA 22201. Doors open at 6pm and the first 400 attendees get a free drink.
Saturday, May 31st
- Open Gov Sandbox– Day 2! Hit the sand from 1:10- 3:00pm.
9. Still have questions?
- Check out http://transparencycamp.org/ for everything you need. During TCamp, feel free to talk to anyone wearing a “Camp Counselor” t-shirt, hit up the Information Desk, or tweet your question to @TCampDC.
We look forward to seeing you next Friday — and a special thank you to our sponsors for helping make this event awesome!
Google.org, George Mason University- School of Public Policy, Microsoft, Governing, The Pew Charitable Trusts, World Bank Institute- Digital Engagement Team, Granicus, Socrata, Beekeeper Group, Github, Knight Foundation, Data Transparency Coalition, New Organizing Institute, Forum One Communications and Internet Society.
10. Last thing.
One more week! We are so pumped!