Events this week
- Transparency, Oversight and Accountability in the UN System: Problems and how to fix them. The Heritage Foundation. Mon. 6/16. 12:00 – 1:30 pm.
- Conflicts of Interest, Investor Loss of Confidence, and Hight Speed Trading in U.S. Stock Markets. The Senate Committee on Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations. Tue. 6/17. 9:30 am. 216, Hart Senate Office Building.
- Whistleblowers: A Critical Anti-Corruption Tool and Challenge. AU Washington College of Law. Tues. 6/17. 1:45 am – 1:15 pm. 4801 Massachusetts Ave NW, 6th Floor Student Lounges, Washington, DC 20016.
- High Frequency Trading’s Impact on the Economy. The Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment. Wed. 6/18. 10:00 am – 12:00 pm. 538 Dirksen Senate Office Building.
- McCutcheon v FEC: Two books on the Supreme Court’s latest campaign finance case. CATO Institute. Wed. 6/18. 12:00 pm. 1000 Massachusetts Ave NW, Hayek Auditorium, Washington, DC 20001.
- Public Meeting of the Public Interest Declassification Board. (RSVP Required) Public Interest Declassification Board. Thurs. 6/19. 9:30 – 11:30 am. The Archivist’s Reception Room, Room 105, National Archives and Records Administration, 700 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC.
- Afghanistan: The corruption challenge. AU Washington College of Law. Thurs. 6/19. 4801 Massachusetts Avenue NW, 6th Floor Student Lounges, Washington, DC 20016.
Do you want to track transparency news? You can follow the progress of relevant bills on our Scout page. You can also get Today in #OpenGov sent directly to your preferred news reader. If you would like suggest an event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the week before.