We are excited to announce the exciting lineup of experts and advocates from across the political spectrum that will be speaking at “Kick-starting the 113th Congress,” the next Advisory Committee on Transparency event. The sixteen speakers will each have 3 minutes to present their actionable ideas to make government more transparent.
The lineup includes representatives of the Cato Institute, the Center for Effective Government, the Center for Responsive Politics, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, the Data Transparency Coalition, GovTrack.us, Judicial Watch, the New America Foundation, OpenTheGovernment.org, Princeton University, Robinson & Yu LLP, the Sunlight Foundation, the Sunshine in Government Initiative, and the Union of Concerned Scientists.
The event will be held on Monday, January 28th in room 2203 of the Rayburn House Office Building and start at 2:00 pm. Please RSVP to http://snlg.ht/ACTCongress
Read more for a full list of speakers.
- Jim Harper from the Cato Institute
- Gavin Baker from the Center for Effective Government
- Sarah Bryner from the Center for Responsive Politics
- Sheila Krumholz from the Center for Responsive Politics
- Robert Maguire from the Center for Responsive Politics
- Jeremy Miller from Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington
- Hudson Hollister from the Data Transparency Coalition
- Joshua Tauberer from GovTrack.us
- Justin McCarthy from Judicial Watch
- Lorelei Kelly from the New America Foundation
- Steve Schultze from the Center for Information Technology Policy at Princeton University
- Harlan Yu from Robinson + Yu
- Lisa Rosenberg from the Sunlight Foundation
- Rick Blum from the Sunshine in Government Initiative
- Celia Wexler and Yogin Kothari from the Center for Science and Democracy at the Union of Concerned Scientists