Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- A new way to track Web censorship under Trump: Gov404- The Web Integrity Project is launching Gov404, a tracker that aggregates and verifies the most significant cases of information removals from federal websites. Read The Full Story
Our latest blog posts:
- Today in OpenGov: Freshly laundered Apr 16, 2019 06:50 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Paving the way. Apr 15, 2019 08:16 AM
- Today in OpenGov: All bundled up. Apr 12, 2019 07:08 AM
- This Week in Conflicts: Wait Continues for Trump’s Taxes and Department of Defense is Spending Hundreds of Thousands of Dollars at Trump-branded Properties Apr 12, 2019 02:46 AM
- Today in OpenGov: A quick refresher. Apr 11, 2019 06:46 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Failing upwards? Apr 10, 2019 07:56 AM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.