Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- New report analyzes how the administration is undermining the Affordable Care Act using web censorship- The federal government considers public federal agency websites to be the primary way the public learns about government functions, benefits, and rules. Agencies are thus expected to maintain their websites to provide the public with accurate, objective, and non-partisan information about their programs, such as the Affordable Care Act (ACA). But when the administration that… Read The Full Story
Our latest blog posts:
- Two Sides of the Same Coin: Misinformation and Disinformation May 23, 2019 06:52 AM
- WIP leadership briefs congressional staff on Trump administration’s web censorship of Affordable Care Act May 21, 2019 09:56 AM
- This Week in Conflicts: Trump’s Latest Financial Disclosure Statement Released, NYC Mayor Threatens to Fine Trump Org. and Occupancy Rates at Trump Tower May 19, 2019 05:59 AM
- HHS removed 85-page website with materials about the Affordable Care Act May 15, 2019 04:53 AM
- New report analyzes how the administration is undermining the Affordable Care Act using web censorship May 15, 2019 04:50 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Where’s your press pass? May 10, 2019 09:02 AM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.