Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- Access to Congressionally Mandated Reports Act would increase accountability of agencies - On Wednesday afternoon, the U.S. House of Representatives passed H.R.736, the Access to Congressionally Mandated Reports Act (ACMRA). ACMRA would create a central website, run by the Government Printing Office, that would make all congressionally-mandated reports publicly available within 30 days of their submission to Congress (with exceptions for reports that touch on matters of… Read The Full Story
Our latest blog posts:
- This Week in Conflicts: Conway Skips Ethics Hearing and the Fight for Trump’s Financial Documents Continues Jul 19, 2019 07:58 AM
- Today in OpenGov: It’s a record! Jul 19, 2019 07:01 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Reporting requirements. Jul 18, 2019 06:14 AM
- Access to Congressionally Mandated Reports Act would increase accountability of agencies Jul 17, 2019 10:46 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Lessons learned. Jul 17, 2019 06:33 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Underfunded. Jul 16, 2019 08:24 AM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.