Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- A new way to track Web censorship under Trump: Gov404 - The Web Integrity Project is launching Gov404, a tracker that aggregates and verifies the most significant cases of information removals from federal websites.
Our latest blog posts:
- Today in OpenGov: Off to the races. Mar 18, 2019 10:49 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Maxed out. Mar 15, 2019 08:47 AM
- WIP findings regarding Web censorship highlighted during FOIA hearing Mar 14, 2019 03:24 PM
- Today in OpenGov: Close to home. Mar 14, 2019 09:02 AM
- Today in OpenGov: Unforced errors. Mar 13, 2019 10:29 AM
- A new way to track Web censorship under Trump: Gov404 Mar 12, 2019 04:04 PM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.