Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- New Web Integrity Project report documents changes to LGBTQ-related web content under the Trump Administration - Since President Trump’s inauguration, his administration has made numerous policy changes that may affect the rights and lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) people, including increasing emphasis on religious freedom and conscience protections, rolling back Obama-era protections for transgender populations, and reducing efforts to increase data coverage of LGBTQ populations in federal… Read The Full Story
Our latest blog posts:
- Community engagement and open data in action: Boulder, Gilbert, Philadelphia Dec 3, 2019 02:05 PM
- Community engagement and open data: impact framework applications Nov 26, 2019 01:47 PM
- Changes to Department of Labor and Healthcare.gov websites foreshadowed formal LGBTQ policy shifts Nov 21, 2019 05:00 AM
- New Web Integrity Project report documents changes to LGBTQ-related web content under the Trump Administration Nov 21, 2019 04:59 AM
- Open contracting in practice: protecting digital rights and responsible emerging tech Nov 7, 2019 01:06 PM
- The Congressional Budget Justification Transparency Act would help the public stay informed about how their tax dollars are spent Oct 31, 2019 07:22 AM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.