Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- The Congressional Budget Justification Transparency Act would help the public stay informed about how their tax dollars are spent - The Sunlight Foundation is supporting a piece of bipartisan legislation that will help make the federal government’s spending choices a bit less opaque by mandating the centralization of important budget documents. It’s one that has us at the Web Integrity Project particularly excited, because it’s all focused on our favorite thing: the federal web. When… Read The Full Story
Our latest blog posts:
- Open contracting in practice: protecting digital rights and responsible emerging tech Nov 7, 2019 01:06 PM
- The Congressional Budget Justification Transparency Act would help the public stay informed about how their tax dollars are spent Oct 31, 2019 07:22 AM
- Inspections, Rent Control, and AirBnB: The Power of Property Registrations in Housing Regulation Oct 23, 2019 01:37 PM
- A ‘Huge Loss’ or a Skewed Dataset? Oct 22, 2019 05:55 AM
- Recent SAMHSA website overhaul likely left users confused, frustrated, and irritated Oct 22, 2019 05:52 AM
- Announcing Technology for Integrity, a US-Russia Exchange Program Oct 8, 2019 09:40 AM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.