Making government & politics more accountable & transparent
- New Web Integrity Project report documents changes to LGBTQ-related web content under the Trump Administration - Since President Trump’s inauguration, his administration has made numerous policy changes that may affect the rights and lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) people, including increasing emphasis on religious freedom and conscience protections, rolling back Obama-era protections for transgender populations, and reducing efforts to increase data coverage of LGBTQ populations in federal… Read The Full Story
Our latest blog posts:
- What We’re Reading: March 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020 01:36 PM
- What We’re Reading: March 13, 2020 Mar 13, 2020 12:29 PM
- What We’re Reading: February 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020 10:19 AM
- Farewell and Thanks from the Web Integrity Project Jan 2, 2020 04:30 PM
- Massachusetts case may give new teeth to the Information Quality Act Dec 30, 2019 07:35 AM
- Access and Impact: Bringing Open Data to Novices Dec 18, 2019 11:07 AM
Web Integrity Project
We monitor changes to government websites — revealing shifts in public information and access to Web resources, as well as changes in stated policies and priorities.
We make municipal governments across the country more transparent, accountable, and participatory. Specifically, we provide assistance with community-centered open data and open contracting.
Tracking Trump’s Conflicts of Interest
We track President Trump’s known business dealings and personal interests that may conflict with his public duties as President.
The Sunlight Foundation is a national, nonpartisan, nonprofit organization that uses the tools of civic tech, open data, policy analysis, and journalism to make our government and politics more accountable and transparent to all. Our vision is for modern technology to enable more complete, equitable and effective democratic participation. Our overarching goal is to achieve changes in the law to require real-time, online transparency for government information.