FOIA Event: Today’s Challenges and Tomorrow’s Opportunities
The Congressional Transparency Caucus is holding an event this Tuesday, March 12, 2013 to discuss recent progress in FOIA reform and explore what still needs to be done to improve public access to government records. The event will take place in room 2203 of the Rayburn House Office Building and will start at 3 p.m.
The Transparency Caucus will hear from a number of noted FOIA experts:
- Daniel Schuman, Policy Counsel, Sunlight Foundation (moderator)
- Miriam Nisbet, Director of the Office of Government Information Services (OGIS) at the National Archives and Records Administration
- Rick Blum, Coordinator, Sunshine in Government Initiative
- Gavin Baker, Open Government Policy Analyst at the Center for Effective Government
- Richard Pollock, Investigative Reporter, Washington Examiner
The Congressional Transparency Caucus is co-chaired by Representative’s Mike Quigley (D-IL) and Darrell Issa (R-CA). The Caucus seeks to enact legislation that will bring openness and accessibility to the federal government.