This weekend, patriotism gets a technical upgrade as civic hackers and open government advocates all across the U.S. will participate in National Day of Civic Hacking events. At Sunlight, we’ve witnessed (and encouraged!) the growth of the community of civic hackers, and are proud to sponsor and participate in several events this weekend.
Will we see you there? Say hi to Sunlighters, including:
- Jeremy Carbaugh, who will attend the Montgomery County, MD hackathon
- Bob Lannon, who will be a judge at Hack for Change Baltimore
- Laurenellen McCann, Eric Mill and Rebecca Williams will represent at DC’s event(s)
- Paul Tagliamonte, who’ll be at the Western Massachusetts event that Becky Sweger of National Priorities Project blogged about yesterday
- James Turk, who’s right now participating in CityCamp Raleigh, which is hosting Raleigh’s Hack Day
Not sure what civic hacking means? Check out our new video about it that highlights just a few folks who are infusing a new energy into democracy as we know it.
And if you’re participating, don’t forget to check out our new API hub for open data sets you can use and projects from the community that would appreciate your help as you hack away the weekend. And remember, you don’t have to know how to code to help open up our government.